I am a marriage & family photographer based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. When I'm not editing your photographs, you can find me gardening with my boys or exploring the local hiking trails.
a place for inspiration
There is so much involved in planning a wedding that it is easy to overlook a detail or two. Here are a few quick tips!
1. Give someone else the responsibility of organizing on the day of. Ideally it would be a coordinator, but a friend or parent is great, too! The day goes SO fast and your job is to enjoy and celebrate – not stress over the details.
2. Double-sided tape, a needle, thread, and extra bobby pins are always good to have in dress or hair emergencies while you’re getting ready. 3. When planning your timeline, give yourself wiggle room throughout the day so you don’t feel rushed at any point. If you’re not sure how much time you usually need, your planner or photographer can usually help!
4. Request that guests are fully present at your ceremony and wait to take photos until afterwards. It’s called an ‘unplugged’ wedding! You won’t regret looking back at your photographs and not seeing your guests looking down at their cell phones.
5. Take advantage of any help offered to you while you’re planning and preparing. I understand not wanting to put too much pressure on those you love, but chances are they really do want to help! This is a huge event in your life and of course close friends and family want to be involved as they are able.
6. No matter what details didn’t get finished, remember that you’re still marrying your best friend and that’s AMAZING. That’s what is most important!
March 1, 2017